New Year celebrations & Champagne might be the most perfect pairing of all time. Before you pop open that bottle of bubbly, make sure to follow these tips to enjoy your sparkling wine to the fullest.
- Chill your bottle a minimum of 24 hours to preserve flavor & balance. Chilling optimizes the CO2 binding process that gives sparkling wines their effervescent mouthfeel.
- We recommend storing sparkling wines between 38°F – 50°F, the optimal storing temperature for most sparkling wines is 45°F.
- We love a good bottle of Champagne, but don’t limit yourself! Explore other sparkling wine options for your celebration like Prosecco and Cuvée.
Looking for a fabulous chilled sparkling wine cocktail for your celebration? Try our Holiday Pomosa recipe!
- 1 bottle of chilled Champagne
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 blood oranges, juiced
- Fresh cranberries
- Rosemary sprigs
- Pour chilled Champagne into glasses, leaving room for juice
- In a pitcher, mix together:
- Pomegranate juice
- Cranberry juice cocktail
- Blood orange juice
- Pour juice mixture over champagne
- Garnish with:
- Fresh cranberries & rosemary sprigs
As the first North American appliance manufacturer to develop a residential wine preservation model, we understand that wine requires proper storage. We attend to every detail in our Wine Captain® Models to protect and maintain wine during storage. Our wide range of models best accommodate your wine preservation requirements and personal taste—in wine, as well as décor. Learn more.